If you have the time to read the emails sent you, it can be really worthwhile. There is a seemingly never ending number of competitions to enter or events that are being organised. And I would have no idea about them without that free newsletters or if I had not followed that specific company on Twitter.
|Edinburgh looking absolutely lovely|
Next week I am attending the "Chemical Water Quality Issues & Control Conference" in London. Completely the other side of the country to Edinburgh, but hopefully just as engaging! Regardless, I would not have known about it if it had not been for the communications I receive.
Some potentially useful communications to subscribe to:
- Royal Society of Biology (RSB) - I particularly like their Policy Emails, a weekly newsletter that updates me about science in the news
- Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) - I think they offer highly specialised events, with an excellent student discount
- Pennine Water Group - I have only just joined but the events seem very good
- Water Online - Very useful newsletter, although more USA focused
- Utility Week Live - An excellent free event for water and other sectors
- Water, Wastewater and Environmental Monitoring (WWEM) - I intend to go to their free event later this year
- Water Innovation Network (WIN)
- Institute of Water (IoW)
- International Water Association (IWA)
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- Water & Wastewater Treatment (WWT)
Please let me know if there are any you find useful but I have missed off or have not heard of.
In the meantime, check out the amazing whiskey collection at The Scotch Whiskey Collection. Turns out, I'm not a whiskey person (each sip was like having a miniature Eye of Sauron burning down my throat!) but all the bottles still look pretty cool